LED Lighting Controls - LED Dimmers - Multiple Ways to Dim LED Lights
LED lights can be dimmed using low voltage dimmers, Reign® dimmers which work with an AC-DC transformer, Switchx® Dimmers with a self-contained power supply and dimmable magnetic transformers
Conventional Dimming on the Low Voltage Side
Longstanding, reliable Zane dimmers are installed in between the power supply and the LED lights. Adjustment range is from pale moonglow at low through full brightness at high. Constant color temperature is maintained at all settings. You can add a touch of red to the ambient light level from a seperate dimming circuit for warmth during mealtime or blue to enhance ambiance for sleeping as done on the Boeing Dreamliner Aircraft. This is the most economical means of dimming your LED lights.
Z-04600 12VDC Dimmer
12VDC 4.0 Amp Dimmer with PWM - ADM-34-L-12V with wall plate features full range brightess and on/off function. Compact size and generates no RF interference. Rated for 4.0 amps at 12VDC. Includes wall plate which cannot be removed, screws, knob and lock nut. Made for single gang box. If you want to provide your own plate, order a mini-dimmer at right. 90 day limited warranty. Spec Sheet.
Z-15900 12V and Z-16000 24V
12 and 24VDC 8 Amp dimmer with PWM - AMD-48L-12V and AMD-48L-24V. This is a terriffic size for space limited installations such as lanterns and control boxes. Rated for up to 8 amps in a confined space to 12 amps in free airflow at 12 VDC. Made for a single gang box. Includes knob and lock nut. You can then drill a hole in your choice of wall plates purchased locally. Requires a common Allen wrench (1/16" hex key) to remove knob, not included. 90 day limited warranty. Spec Sheet.
These dimmer switches work in conjunction with an AC-DC transformer (power supply). Works with 12 and 24V constant voltage white and colored LED lighting, not with RGB color changing LED products. You would choose an RGB color controller to dim your LED lights.
- 100-5% dimming range with no flickering, humming or jumping
- 3 options: button slide, full slide and touch control (shown from left to right)
- Available in white and light almond. Face plate not included. Compatible with Decora plates
- Not compatible with dimmable magnetic transformers offered below.
- Input and output voltage: 12-24VDC. 100W maximum load. PWM. ETL Listed. 2 year warranty.
Order Button Slide Dimmer
$54.00 each; select light almond or white
Order Full Slide Dimmer
$54.00 each, select light almond or white
Order Touch Dimmer
$54.00 each, select light almond or white
Switchex® LED Dimmer
This is as simple as it gets - a dimmer and power supply rolled into one. Nothing else to purchase.Mounts in a standard switch box, accepts 120VAC and converts it to low voltage DC.
- 120 VAC input
- 100-1% smooth dimming, no minimum load. No derating required.
- Power failure memory provides for Switchex to return to setting prior to power interruption.
- Each Switchex includes all three interior face plates: glossy white, glossy light almond, and glossy dark brown. Trim plates sold seperately.
- cULus listed (Canada and the US); FCC approved, RoHS certified, CE certified. 5 year warranty.
Switchex® for 12VDC LEDs
Select Capacity: 40W (3.3A) or 60W (5A)
40W $189.00 60W $225.00
Switchex® for 24VDC LEDs
Select Capacity: 60W (2.5A) or 100W (4.2A)
60W $ 243.00 100W $315.00
Switchex® Trim Plates
Dimmable Magnetic Transformers
Substantial ETL listed transformers allow you to operate your dimmable 12VDC and 24VDC input LED products on the line voltage side with most standard dimmers. 5 year warranty.
- 60W 12VDC 5.26 Amps; 24V 2.4A
- 150W 12VDC 12.35 Amps; 24V 6.25A
- 200W 12VDC 15.6 Amps;
- 300W 12VDC; 20.8 Amps
- Compatible Dimmer List. and Installation Guide. for all dimmable magnetic transformers except the new 60W 12V.
- Note that our new 60W 12V dimmable transformer is smaller and lighter. It is IP67 rated and will even withstand salty conditions. See Compatible Dimmer List and Installation Guide. Note that these are UL LISTED. There is a cheaper UL Recognized version available by special order. Contact us for assistance.
- Important Note: These transformers are intended for use with a dimmer. If you are using a switch and not a dimmer, you must have a minimum 50% load. Less than that will burn the device and will void your warranty.
- Links to Data Sheets: 12VDC 60W - 12VDC 150W - 12VDC 200W - 12VDC 300W - 24VDC 60W - 24 VDC 150W - Other sizes available. Contact us for help
For the Bargain Hunters, Remote Control Dimmers while they last
Rated for 5 Amps at 12-24VDC input. 12vdc in; 12vdc out; 24vdc in, 24vdc out. Manually operated or controlled with included remote. 4.5" x 2.215" x 1.25" high. 1 year warranty. This item has been discontinued. Special pricing while they last $29.95 each.